Friday

Simple Friday

Some Fridays you just want to kick it at home, unwind with some wine and a simple meal. 
P and did just that. I picked up a bottle of white and some gorgeous, plump tomatoes for an easy caprese salad to go with our pasta. Nothing fancy, just delicious.





Caprese close up.

I've had a bag of the coolest pasta (fun shapes and colours made with different veggies) in our cupboards for a while now - they were a gift along with a bottle of luscious truffle oil from my friend Steph. I was saving it for a special occasion which ended up being just a casual Friday meal. 

I didn't want to use a sauce that would take away from the fun colours and shapes so I opted for a recipe from Nigella Lawson - her White Truffle sauce. This recipe serves one so I doubled it for P and I. Six ingredients plus your pasta (and salad if you're so inclined) - egg, cream, Parmesan, white pepper, butter and your truffle oil.

It was a cinch to make and tasted amazing with freshly grated Parmesan and the fresh flavours of basil and balsamic from the caprese. The only thing I'd say about it is that the pasta got cold quickly so perhaps serve it in a warmed bowl to keep it hot longer.



Just a great simple meal for when you're feeling like home is where it's at! Enjoy!

Bon appetit!




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment