Tuesday

Last Day Views


 
It was my last day in Whale Cove and it was a glorious one.
 

The clouds cleared to reveal a stunning blue sky, lighting up the hamlet.
 


It was a Monday and Hailey was back at school so I bundled up and took Qimmik for a stroll.
 
I walked passed the main buildings in the community. The hotel...
 
 
The school...
 
 
And the hamlet office.
 





Happy to see Whale Cove in the sunlight!
 







I got a ride to the airport with Hailey's good friend. I surprised myself by being a blubbering mess. Sad to leave my sister but also sad to leave the North so soon. It touched me in a way I never would have expected.
 
Rather than sitting in the tiny airport I went out to breath some more of the fresh Arctic air.
 


When it was time to board the plane I couldn't help but snap this one. You know the aircraft is small when they load the luggage with a pickup truck!
 



Wheels up and over the tundra.
 




With a quick stop in Rankin Inlet.
 


I learned a little more about Whale Cove during my layover.
 


Onto the second flight of three and with a last glimpse of Nunavut before heading south.
 

Flying over Manitoba... what a difference in view!
 

If you fly to the North I highly recommend the window seat. You get to see so many spectacular Canadian views.


The last photo of my Nunavut adventure... landing in Toronto.
 

It was such a treat to get to go to visit Hailey in Whale Cove. I will definitely be back to experience more of the Great North!


































Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment