Monday

Food & Family!

My first post for Treats & Things... I am very excited to be starting this blog. I loooove food & all the little extra things - great products, a great day, a great read - these two faves have been  my inspiration!

This past weekend was all about family & friends.


Instead of ordering a Taylor fave, Pizza Hut Supreme Pizza, I popped into my local Metro for some fresh ingredients. Fresh dough (next time I would split the dough into two pies, I like my crust a little thinner), tomato paste, oregano, yellow bell pepper, fresh pineapple, & prosciutto. Hawaiian with a twist!

It was my Mom's birthday over the weekend so the family headed to Trenton to The Port Bistro Pub. A great place - delicious beverages (I had pomegranate martini), unique appies, & a little something for everyone. (Side note... potential date spot! The tasty nibbles & dim lighting sets the perfect atmosphere!)

Charcuterie & Cheese Plate, Crostinis @The Port Bistro Pub

Mac&Cheese, Mixed Greens @The Port Bistro Pub

To cap off the birthday I tried my hand at making my first cupcakes completely from scratch! I whipped up one of my Mom's faves, black forest cake, in a more manageable size. The cupcake was decadent & dense with dried cherries & semi-sweet chips inside; the icing was a very light butter-based vanilla frosting. All in all, they were a success  :) 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment