Thursday

It's Burger Season

With the summer weather settling in it only makes sense to turn to the BBQ.

One of the first things I made when I returned from Italy (besides a giant salad..) was homemade burgers. A summer time classic that I like to use as my blank canvas - whatever you're feeling that day, throw it in the bowl! For the burgers featured here I was craving a smoky flavour so in went the bacon!
Homemade bacon burgers
Bacon Burgers:
Lean, ground beef
1-2 eggs (depending on amount of beef used)
Several strips of bacon, cut into small pieces
1-2 finely diced garlic cloves
Few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
Few splashes of your favourite BBQ sauce (I used Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce)
Couple sprinkles of bread crumbs
Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix well with hands, continue to add bread crumbs until beef mixture is firm enough to form patties (but still soft enough to be moist & delicious! - Use your own discretion & go by feel.)

Throw on the BBQ until your desired done-ness, add your favourite bun & condiments, & enjoy!

Bacon burger with old cheddar, mayo, tomato, pickles, & onion

 The great thing about homemade burgers is that they allow you to get creative with flavours (I also like adding salsa to my beef burgers), condiments, & and buns - if you have a favourite homemade burger please post a comment & share!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment