Wednesday

Pass the carrots please

Another birthday, another cake... but this time I had a less traditional birthday cake request - Carrot Cake!

This would be another first for me so I did a little research & came across Alton Brown's (the host from a guilty pleasure of mine, Iron Chef America) recipe. This recipe does not include anything fancy, no nuts or raisins which is fine by me! It does have 2 cups of carrots though! So that means I can skimp on veggies for dinner right?

Patiently waiting for the cream cheese frosting.


Finished product!
The icing turned out beautifully, very easy to spread over the cake. In hindsight I should have used it for the writing as well. Instead I used CakeMate's Cookie Icing (I had some left over from Christmas baking) & it tends to spread out making it look a little messy. Something to remember for next time!

It was a deliciously moist cake, full of spices & flavour... & a little extra veg in there too!

If you are looking for the recipe you can find it HERE
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment